Monday, June 23, 2008

Why blog?

I have finally joined the world of blogging. I have had a hard time coming to a conclusion about how I feel about blogging. Several concepts came into play with this decision. First, who cares about what I have to say? Don't people have better things to do? Second, is blogging just a subvert way to make yourself look good? Kind of like reality TV, but without producers and writers wanting to make you into a "character". You can use a blog to make yourself look WAY better than you really are by simply omitting the bad things about you that you do not want people to see. Third, is this the new substitution for communication. Just in the past fifteen years of my life it has gone from phone calls, to cell phone calls, to emails (if you are lucky), to instant messages, to text messages. It is like we are trying to find ways not to have to talk to each other face to face. Forth, blogging is not all bad. It's a way for your friends and family to keep up to date without feeling guilty for not calling last Sunday. Fifth, it's therapeutic. You are forced to sit down and put your feelings and thoughts into writing. Sixth, if you are thoughtful about it, it forces you to get back into the habit of creative writing.

There are probably dozens of reasons I could find to not blog. On the other hand, I found just as many TO blog, so here I am! I hope to use this blog as a way to share my new life with my friends and family, help me realize that there is more to my life than work, and help me get back into creative writing. Welcome!

2 comments:

jessi9380 said...

Oh! I totally am gonna make myself into the reality tv blog star! Good idea. Why would I want to talk to people in person? You better care about what I say...
Tom decided to put me on a plane because apparently he's stressed out about how much he thinks I'll be stressed out with driving back...:-)
Rock on airplane vs. 25 hour/3 day drive! T minus 8 days!!!
Miss you love you bub-bye!

Leslie said...

I'll like reading your blog, I started one too, Lil' Bice Biscuits, b/c I know when I move I'm going to lose touch with people I care about and I'm trying so hard for that not to happen again (and again and again). Anyhow, luv you sweety-kins, much love and kisses!